Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local music shop has a 1924 Conn New Wonder Alto for sale. But, I'm not entirely sure how much these are worth. Additionally, My local music shop has a pretty bad reputation and is known for selling overpriced low quality instruments to unsuspecting parents, yet it's the only shop in the area. So, I really don't trust them. The price they want is $999 which I think is a bit overpriced. After a little research, I've seen the prices range from $300 to $1500. So, what are these currently worth?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
7,867 Posts
That depends on the condition of the horn. Is it: in playable condition? Overhauled? Needs work? What is the finish and in what condition is it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure. I actually haven't been able to drop by and play it yet. Although, I'm almost positive everything is functional and the finish is nickel.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,993 Posts
To confirm it's age, and that it's a low pitch horn, you'll need to list the serial number, the letter above it (should be an A) and the letter below it (should be an L). If it's truly from '24 and in nickel plate, it won't have a value of a grand; not even in playing shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts