Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I can't find a vernier caliper anywhere at the moment and I was wondering if anyone has the measurements for he following pads so I can order them from musicmedic:
RH F, E, D, forked E flat pad, the pad above the F pad that closes whenever you press a RH 1,2, or 3 key and the low C sharp, B and B flat.
thanks,
--Dan

·
1,386 Posts
I wonder if it would be possible to set up a wiki, where any of us who repads a sax could fill in a form with the sizes, along with make/model/year and any other relevant data? Even with the caveat that it might not be 100% accurate would I be the only one to think it useful?

·
808 Posts
You need to measure the cups. No getting around it unless you want to purchase a lot of extra pads in + or - sizes. Pad sizes on Chu's are inconsistent from year to year. I've occasionally taken the chance and ordered pads ahead of time but then I usually end up having to use two or three different ones from my stock, or re-order a few, when the originally ordered ones don't fit.

While vernier calipers are the best way to take the measurement, if you have a good eye for measurement and a quality steel rule, you can get by.

·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks chu, i had suspected that anyway, but i'll check against bruce's measurements with a ruler and see what they're like and if they seem accuratwe enough on my horn then I will order some.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,033 Posts
These are actually from a NW series I but should be the same. It is still best to measure with a caliper as a ruler is not exact enough:
all are in mm and x means the number needed
2x 8 16.5 2x18 2x19 22 23 23.5 4x25.5 29.5 2x31 32 2x34 37.5 3x40.5 2x48
This may not be exact but is a start. Pad size and not cup size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts