Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
With a microtuner on the neck? I'm playing mine with a Brilhart Ebolin (or sometimes Tonalin or Tonalite), but actually any shorter tenor mouthpiece will work on these.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
If you use a tenor or alto mouthpiece on a Conn C-Melody you're likely to have tuning problems at both ends of the range - for example, with a tenor mouthpiece altissimo may well be flat and notes below bottom E will likely play sharp.

There are several dedicated C-melody mouthpieces on the market: the best of these is the Morgan one, readily available from https://www.junkdude.com/collection...ph-morgan-c-melody-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece.

There have been several recent threads on this topic. The Search function is your friend. Please make use of it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
As far as I know, the Morgan C-Melody Mouthpiece is the only one on the market specifically designed for C-Melody saxophones. Others out there are mostly just cut down tenor pieces. The Morgan is specifically designed for C-Melody, but also designed to use Bb Tenor reeds. As with all Morgan mouthpieces, it is completely handcrafted inside and out...not just hand faced. It is pure rubber with no synthetic additives. It works well with all Conns, Bueschers, Martins, Kings, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts