Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchased a Conn Baritone Sax E flat. Has scroll work on bell that says C.G. Conn Ltd. Elkhardt , IN. I believe it has the 'Naked Lady' design, though I don't know what it looks like exactly and cannot find a picture. About 4 inches below the scroll it says DJH Modified. Then on the back it says 'Made in W. Germany' 122M and the serial # 86366. It has some mother of pearl keys. If anyone has any info that would be great. A year, exact maker, etc. or whether this is some kind of put together horn.
P.S. -Boyfriend is a sax player and he says it plays incredibly.

Also can anyone put a value $$$ on this horn?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
echostate said:
Recently purchased a Conn Baritone Sax E flat. Has scroll work on bell that says C.G. Conn Ltd. Elkhardt , IN. I believe it has the 'Naked Lady' design, though I don't know what it looks like exactly and cannot find a picture. About 4 inches below the scroll it says DJH Modified. Then on the back it says 'Made in W. Germany' 122M and the serial # 86366. It has some mother of pearl keys. If anyone has any info that would be great. A year, exact maker, etc. or whether this is some kind of put together horn.
P.S. -Boyfriend is a sax player and he says it plays incredibly.

Also can anyone put a value $$$ on this horn?

Thanks so much.
Yes your horn was made by Keilwerth in the early to mid 1980's. I have one and I love it. My serial # is 86493 so I'm really close to what you got. These are very similar to the Couf Superba models also made by Keilwerth. I'm not sure what they are worth, maybe the $2500 to $4000 dollar range. It all comes down to what kind of condition it is in, what the seller is willing to let it go for, and what you are willing to pay. Mine is pictured in my avatar. Can you post some pictures of yours? These are rare, especially the baris so it would be nice to see another one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts