Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my vintage 1936 Conn 30M Conqueror Naked Lady. Serial # 276xxx. It was relaquered very well in 1994. The engravings are pristine. I had it re-padded last year. It has adjustment screws for each key and nickel silver tips on the side and palm keys. It's considered one of the finest tenors ever made. It's in very fine condition. I'm a professional player and have taken very good care of it. It obviously has an amazing sound. What is it worth? What should I be asking for it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
There is one on ebay right now being listed for $3500.

There was one for sale ( again on Ebay ) about 2 weeks ago for $3800 , but it didn't sell.

Sax Gourmets Value guide says a 30M should go for $4000.

Awesome horn. Shame they will never sell for what they are really worth. :(

·
Registered
413 Posts
Here in the UK, good 10Ms are going for around the 2000 pounds mark, give or take. I guess you'll be wanting similar for the 30M...

Would love to see some photos of this baby!

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,409 Posts
Here in the UK, good 10Ms are going for around the 2000 pounds mark, give or take. I guess you'll be wanting similar for the 30M...

Would love to see some photos of this baby!
Dont tell him that ! I'm still dreaming of the day when you could buy 'em for 250quid!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,390 Posts
I think you all have to consider the relacquer...that is gonna drop the market value significantly. I sold a relacq one about 9 months ago for $2200 and it didn't quite play up and down, although it certainly only needed a few pads and some regulation to do so. The horn was hella clean and dent-free. I have not seen other relacqs go for over $3000 in quite some time. This isn't to say I wish this on anyone, but...it was listed here and on eFlay for over a month before someone bought it....

A nice, clean, original lacq. one in good playing shape might still fetch $3500 in today's melted-down global economy, if a seller is willing to be patient. But a relacquered one, at least here in usa, would probably only get $2500-2800 or so realistically, if you wanted it to be sold anytime within the next few months. It is not a seller's market, even for rarer models....

Saxgourmet's value guide is from pre-2007...when we thought our economy was invincible and folks were having a hella good time racking up debt and conspicuously consuming everything they could get their hands on. That guide is way, way off these days and he should really revise it. I think every market value he lists is off by at least 25% now.....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Dont tell him that ! I'm still dreaming of the day when you could buy 'em for 250quid!
Yikes.

I bought my original lacq 10M for 1900 a short while ago and my tech/dealer said "insure it for 2200 the way the prices here are headed" (!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts