Sax on the Web Forum banner

Conn 24M-HF

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  robko626 
#1 ·
I am new to the forum having just found it. I learned to play alto in the 60's with a Conn, don't remember the model. Over the years I would play for my own enjoyment. Sold the Conn when the kids came. About 15 years ago bought a 76 year old martin tenor. The tenor needs work so I bought a Conn 24M-hf for 3 reasond, price, Conn name and it was made in the USA. My question is: Does anyone have any information on this horn.

Thanks

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's not the same as the 1920's 24M. What you have is a UPI-manufactured Conn from the 1990s.

I owned one of these Conn 24M too -- but no High F on the front. These are pretty easily found, and they tend to go from mid 200's to mid 300's. Mine was in really good shape and I sold it for $350.

It's not a bad horn -- I used mine to get back into sax, and it did what I needed it to do. I'd put it on par with the Bundy II. Reliable horn, but not a whole lot of character. I ended up switching to a Chinese copy of a Yani A-991 that was much easier to play, and has a great tone.
Just called Conn today (800.348.7567) they were very helpfull gave me 90% of what I was looking for.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Conn was great, the horn was made in 2005 (SR# 91XXXXX) in Arizona. The model was discontinued. The horn is in almost new condition with a year waranty from the seller (Taylor Music- www.1800usaband.com) with 10 or 30 month financing no intrest. The factory waranty, where it applies, is still good. Just like you said the horn will get me back to where I was years ago.:space3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.