Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about whether the Conn 20M is considered a good horn?

Thanks,
leonarda

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only asked because I have one and I like it very much. It's just that I keep seeing negative remarks such as they are not well made or they are a "piece of junk." From the serial number I think mine was made in the early nineties. Just curious to see if anyone thinks they're good. I like the sound of mine and it seems to stay in adjustment for quite a while. I use a Meyer 5 moouthpiece with it and I think that helps a lot.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,116 Posts
That would be the last model of the US horns. They are much better than the junk on ebay from China but a step below the Yamaha 23. I think the biggest problem is that they are a bit heavy and the keywork is not all that balanced. If you like it, play it as that is the final answer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Bruce. I also have a Japanese Vito which is supposed to be the clone of the YAS 23. It plays very well, but I just seem to like the feel of the Conn better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
About the Conn 20m

I have a Conn 20m purchased new in 1987 and it served me very well through 5 years of high school marching, jazz and symphonic band, and through four years of Clemson Tiger Band. I never had an issue with my horn. I would like to upgrade but I am unsure what would be a good next step without going overly expensive.. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
13,993 Posts
SaxfromSC,

Welcome to the SOTW forum.
You will likely get more responses to your inquiry, and be in the correct forum folder for such questions, if you post this as a thread in the ADVICE ON BUYING OR SELLING A SAXOPHONE section.

Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts