Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for having me on this site. I have 2 saxophones I'm trying to get some helpful information. The first one is A Conn 1914 LTD 1119954 The serial is 79179. (There is a C above the serial and an L below). This sax is silver in color with gold accents on the valve covers and keys with a large gold floral like image on the front and says Made by CG Conn LTD Elkhart Ind. I looking to sell but have a couple of questions. I'd like to know what the date of manufacture and whether it's a C Melody or Alto? I can add pictures if that helps, thank you for any assistance.

Paul

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
It is a C Melody made in mid 1921. The gold accents add to the value a bit but being a C Melody hurts. I assume it is a straight neck which helps. If it is clean and in good playing condition, maybe worth $700 and needing work probably $250.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,920 Posts
So you’re not confused on Bruce’s date of 1921. The date of 1914 is the patent date of features on the instrument. Not the date of the instrument. It was dated from the serial number. How did you acquire them? And whatever you do don’t clean them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts