Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across a 1945 silver plate Conn 10m. I would like some opinions of what a fair purchase price would be for this horn.

The horn appears to be in good condition and it definately plays well. It is missing the g# trill key (posts are in place) and the tiny octive key post guard. The seller says that the bell had been pushed in but was repaired, the bell and body areas near the bell brace appear very clean and smooth, no silver plate missing, no messy resolders. Seller also advised that a small amount of the keys had been spot replated due to wear. There is no bare brass showing anywhere on the horn except for where the small octive guard was removed. I believe that the keys are supposed to be a polished silver but they appear somewhat dull, looks as if someone may have attempted to clean them with and abrasive rather than polishing them. The horn has been fully repadded and overhauled recently and carriess a one year warranty.

Please provide information regarding a fair purchase price and things to look for that may effect the value. Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
2,377 Posts
Hopefully my comments will kick off a price discusion from more knowlegable folks than myself but I can say that last year I bought and then later sold a
'47 laquer in great shape for $1,500. Since the one you speak of has rolled tone holes which mine did not it should be of more value. I'm sure someone here can also tell you what the silver plate does value wise but I would guess the one you describe as at least worth 2K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts