Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone heard of a Lindo Sax 2007 alto?

I stupidly bought one of ebay for 150.00 before researching into it (seriously ebay is addicting!) Does anyone know any info on the lindo? If it's any good, etc? I'm a beginner and have not ever even played a sax so i'm clueless. I've got my first lesson on saturday.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Should I send it back and get my money back?:?

Thanx :treble:

"This is our brand-new range of 2007 full-size E flat Alto saxophones. The Alto is the third smallest of the 8 stong saxophone family and the most popular instrument to learn on."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pictures

Here are some of the pictures of the Lindo

Brand: Lindo

Body: Golden-laquered brass

Keys: Gold coated/Pearloid insets

This is our brand-new range of 2007 full-size E flat Alto saxophones. The Alto is the third smallest of the 8 stong saxophone family and the most popular instrument to learn on.

They are of exceptional quality suiting the beginner or slightly more advanced player. Each one has been individually inspected for quality and playability and we will only sell items that meet our high standards. The pads are perfectly aligned to guarantee a full and accurate sound for less frustration and full enjoyment.

RRP:£400

This product comes with:

Padded and re-inforced carry case finished in a durable canvas
Carry strap
Pull through dryer/cleaning tool
Gloves
Reed

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd imagine that it must be a cheaply produced Sax from the middle east, i'm afraid. 150 is very low, therefore i don't think the sound / build quality will be adequate :(

If you can, i'd suggest sending it back. You could get 'so' much better if you rented a sax. Check out www.sax.co.uk , they have brilliant beginner saxophones which you can rent from as low as £25 per 3 months! I rented a Trevor James 'Horn Revolution 2' Black Nickel sax for £145 for 3 months, then purchased it for £700. Great sax, well worth it

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,305 Posts
Probably Taiwanese or Chinese. But the real question is, "How does it play?" There are some amazing products coming out of Asia - and junk, too. Hope yours is not junk, but at that price, who knows? DAVE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts