Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I ran a search on the name and found a thread from 2007 about a Concord Artist tenor.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?52086-quot-CONCORD-ARTIST-quot-Tenor-made-in-Holland

Taking that information into consideration, it's possible that this is also a Keilwerth stencil, which, if that IS the case, means this has the potential to be an amazing horn. Whoever owned it clearly took good care of it, too; the pictures are beautiful. I hope it finds a good home; I wouldn't mind trying for it myself if I didn't already have a C-mel.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,840 Posts
Are we sure this is a C melody? It looks like a Bb tenor.

It looks like this is a German Dörfler & Jörka or indeed like the letter says it may be a Schenkelaars (some of which were made with parts from D&J which by this time was a subsidiary of Keilwerth and may have been providing companies such as Schenkelaars with parts or even the entire horn)

·
38,840 Posts
It really doesn’t look like a C tenor. There are very few European made ones and are much earlier than this horn.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will be know. just saw on eBay - decided to ask a question to more experienced colleagues.
I recently purchased c melody, one of these days I will take it from the workshop, I will do some test. I am waiting for the tram mouthpiece, while I try to play on the tenor metal Link

·
38,840 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Sorry, I misread the description, it says body by Keilwerth, keyworks by Schenkelaars, assembled in Eindhoven, same horn has been produced as La Monie Superior

1 - 12 of 12 Posts