Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Ive played guitar for over 10 years and recently took up the saxophone (LOVE IT!).
Im using an old Casio keyboard as a practice tool, it has a 100 different rhythm "styles" and also plays the chords with the rhythm (major and minor chords), but I have to press the keys for the chord to change (in the lower octave of the keyboard).

I`m looking for a keyboard in which I could program the chord progressions I want, so I can practice jazz standards and basically any song.

Ideally, a compact keyboard (like only one octave) would be nice, as I`m only using it to program chord progressions.

Somebody knows if this exists?

I know I could do that with softwares like Band in a Box, but I'm really looking for a portable hardware solution.

Thanks !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there. Try iReal Pro if you have a smartphone (Android or iOS) or a Mac computer. This could meet your needs as you can program your own chord progressions as well as download over 1300 free progressions. I use it for practicing and it's great - especially the instant key changes and suggested chord scale feature. I have seen a lot of musicians use it at jams and gigs too via iPad or phone.

·
Registered
716 Posts
+1 on the iReal pro or similar keyboard. Some of these keyboards even come with Ableton Lite (not ireal pro though), which is great software for looping chord progressions to tunes etc. But it you don't want to use a computer or tablet type device with the keyboard then your options are more limited.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts