Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm looking for a copy of Come on Eileen, either by Dexy's Midnight Runners or by Save Ferris. I don't seem to be able to find a saxophone copy online. All I can find is piano music, and I don't know enough to transpose it to something I can play on my sax.

Please can anyone give me any tips or pointers? I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Lisa

·
Registered
104 Posts
My ska band has played this time and time again...it's a really great tune, and the save ferris cover does the original justice. Anything we can't pick up by ear or do our own arrangements of (yes, we do originals, too), we take a look at horntabs.net

great resource of user submitted "tabs" for hornline instruments. may take a bit of getting used to to read them down, but you take a look at it while listening to a recording, and it'll make sense.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Transpose

could you show me the link to the piano score so that I can show you how to transpose it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
well then you don't need to transpose anything. just when there are too much pauses skip them and continue playing or fill the pauses up with some sort of improv. if you want.
Just play and have fun!:D :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'd never have guessed it was as simple as that! I got confused when I saw two notes played together, and didn't know what I should play instead. The laws of music are a bit bewildering to me, but I'll learn. Thanks for all your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts