Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer.

Does anyone have a link to a Combo Case WITH Wheels that will accommodate both a Tenor and a Straight Soprano Sax ?

I have found a gig bag with that description but I want a HARD CASE WITH WHEELS.

I don't want to have a custom made case either. Just a production case that I can find on Amazon or elsewhere.

(If it matters, both saxes are Yamaha 62's).

Thanks

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
tenor+soprano is not a common case combination.
Wiseman cases also make combo cases.

BAM's hip hop soprano case is made to attach to their tenor case, so you carry them together.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
wait till you see how much the Wiseman cases cost ! :)

seriously, if $700 is way out of your budget, you'd be better off buying a pelican case and plucking the foam bits to make cavities to meet your needs. I did that for a curved soprano with great results.

there isn't a great market for combo cases, let alone a tenor+soprano combination.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Most people just don’t make doubles cases for saxophones. I don’t think I’ve run across anybody mass producing a combo case like what you want.

I know you said you didn’t want to look into the custom market but im pretty sure Manning Cases has done that sort of combo case a couple times. Not sure how much the price would run you but it’d be worth a shot to contact them.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Most people just don’t make doubles cases for saxophones. I don’t think I’ve run across anybody mass producing a combo case like what you want.

I know you said you didn’t want to look into the custom market but im pretty sure Manning Cases has done that sort of combo case a couple times. Not sure how much the price would run you but it’d be worth a shot to contact them.

Last I checked, it would be $1200 for such a case from manning.

·
Registered
Primarily Tenor with occasional Alto
1,547 Posts
Unless the case is a highly protective Anvil road type of case I don't think I would want a case with wheels for a tenor. Sounds like a repair techs dream thinking of all the damage to the horn, especially the bottom bow from pot holes, jumping curbs and general pavement conditions bumping and impacting the horn on the tenor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts