Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey SoTW'ers,

My soul jazz group, Combat Jazz, is playing at Hank's Saloon in Brooklyn (at the corner of Atlantic Ave. and Third Ave.) on Thurs. 2/22/18 - we hit around 9:45PM (but the opening band, Goddess, great freak-folk/performance art ensemble, is worth seeing.) It's my tunes (except one Cannonball Adderley cover) and I have a great sax player, Casey Howard, taking the killer solos, who's worth checking out. There is no cover!

If you are in NYC, have you ever been to Hank's? It is am authentic dive bar (with a stage) that looks like it could be grungy or dangerous but is actually woman-owned with mostly female staff and no bouncer goons. It ends up being a cool, laid back atmosphere. Like many great places in Brooklyn, gentrification will result in this place being replaced with a tall condo building at the end of the year...so come on down and cross it off your bucket list!

Combat Jazz can be heard on Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music and other streaming services.

https://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Expand...=1519150813&sr=8-1&keywords=combat+jazz+zebra

Combat Jazz is also playing at Shrine in Harlem on March 15, 2018 at 8PM.

- John View attachment 177058 View attachment 177066

1 - 2 of 2 Posts