Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Haha - me too, was googling looking for some resources for this and the other two. Let me know if you find anything and in any case, I'll see you there! The bassist from our big band is organising it. Steve.:rr:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Seriously, it's just a groove really, hardly any changes as such and Coltrane is doing his modal thing, noodling all over it which I don't intend to try and replicate. It wouldn't be on my iPod, not one of his finest moments IMHO.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hi Rhys, I haven't been to any of them before but I play with Marianne every week with Milestone Big Band and thought this might be a good laugh. To be honest, I thougth Coltrane's playing sounded like noodling on that when I listened to it but I'm sure its been chosen (along woth C Jam Blues) to provide something simple to play over where we shouldn't go too wrong.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The best fun I've had in searching for versions of our three tunes have been 1) Earl Bostic and 2) Ben Webster playing C Jam Blues, Dave Liebman playing Dahomey Dance and Paquito D'Rivera playing On Green Dolphin Street. Smokin!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts