Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anybody has the "Wise One" music sheet from Coltrane Quartet Album "Crescent"?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!!!

Do you know if there is any book that has the complete song including all solos?

Best,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is Andrew White still around? He transcribed most, if not all, of Trane's solos. I think you can contact him for a book of them. Though there may be more convenient ways of acquiring it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank you. Do you remember the name of the book?

Best,
It wasn't a book actually, It was just a hand written copy of the transcription, Look up Andrew White he is crazy he has transcribed pretty much all of Tranes solos. I see that you are also in LA, just go to the UCLA Music Library and ask for it to check it out. It's awesome.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Beautiful tune and recording. Transcribed most of the solo a while ago. Great way to examine how he creates tension and release over such a strong chord sequence, moving up playing melodic lines and intervallic shapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It wasn't a book actually, It was just a hand written copy of the transcription, Look up Andrew White he is crazy he has transcribed pretty much all of Tranes solos. I see that you are also in LA, just go to the UCLA Music Library and ask for it to check it out. It's awesome.
Thank you !

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to let everybody know that I paid Curtis at SaxSolos.com to transcribe it. He was very professional and very detailed and now the transcription is available at his site.

Best,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
Hope all is happy and well with you wherever you are in the world!!

I can see you were asking about a year ago,
but are you still looking for a transcription of the John Coltrane Quartet classic 'Wise One'
because if you are, I have the very best news for you and anybody else looking for it!!

Just email me [email protected] and I'll make your day!!

Very best wishes to you my friend,

Andre!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts