Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used the search facility and can't find anyting on these.

Does anybody have experience with these cases; what are they like versus others?

They look very much like SKB cases in the pictures I've seen, almost identical in fact, but of course the materials could be quite diffeent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two CNB cases - one for tenor and one for alto. Although they are sturdy and protect the instrument well, there is a design flaw in that as you are carrying the case over your shoulder, the strap clicks open the latches as it chafes against them. I have had some really scary near misses with this case! Imagine your horn falling to the floor! And thus I wouldn't recommend the tenor CNB case

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have two CNB cases - one for tenor and one for alto. Although they are sturdy and protect the instrument well, there is a design flaw in that as you are carrying the case over your shoulder, the strap clicks open the latches as it chafes against them. I have had some really scary near misses with this case! Imagine your horn falling to the floor! And thus I wouldn't recommend the tenor CNB case
Though I have never had a CNB case, this is the same complaint I have about the Gator contoured hard case. Put a strap on it and it flips the latches open it you decide to sling it.
I'd be curious to see these CNBs though- just to get a visual!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts