Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of a clear mouthpiece.

Does anyone know where i could find one for alto saxophone?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
why don't you try some mouthpieces instead of asking what the best metal mouthpiece is, or where you can get a clear mouthpiece.
if you want a mouthpiece try some, you might find you like a plain, boring black ebonite mouthpiece.

i thought that Dukoff made a crystal model aswell though....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,003 Posts
I've got a Brilhart Tonalite and also a clear plastic Dukoff for alto. They don't make either any more, but they are great players (in different ways).

I've also got the Dukoff tenor version and just received an SR Tech soprano Legend in Zelux (clear plastic) that I am liking a lot.

Rhys

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have an SR L85 that I really like. It is not completely clear, but a bit frosty looking. I just bought it because it played well.
I have one of the Dukoff tenor pieces that is completely clear. Put on a vinyl "Bari" brand reed and it looks like a ligature floating in space, fun for hours!:D

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Pomarico, I think. I prefer to go for playing characteristics, though, rather than looks - especially for mpc's.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
3,891 Posts
Ive got a great Clear Dukoff as well, but they arent made anymore of course.

Try a Runyon. Cool colors and see through!

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
I was going to suggest Runyon as well. ( I had a red tenor for a while, wish I had it back or maybe blue, or amber...)

I have a friend who had a Kleartone clear mouthpiece, not sure if it was alto or tenor. they do pop upon ebay now and again.

with a little research, you can order clearn from Runyon, or get these runyon made pieces, in clear.
http://1stopclarinet.stores.yahoo.net/gispalsaxmo.html

or a pine poly crystal from ww&bw

www.smartwoodwinds.com as well I'm sure he can get Runyons for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts