Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as I seldon read about experiences with this particular mouthpiece.
I have a metal Lakey 8* that I use on my pre-war 10M that is very easy to play. I ,however us a soft reed (Fibracell ) but the results are there. I'm a late starting senior citizen who started on alto just over 6 years ago and who switched to tenor about a year and a half ago.
Any info on this set-up wold be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have one that I don't play much but it really is a very well made mpc. Much darker and fuller than the HR/plastic Lakeys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Mojo and Tom for your valued opinions.
I am very happy with it and it is a good fit for my 10M, but I was a little concerned about this mouthpiece as I very seldom read any comments on Lakeys.
I guess the most important thing is that I be pleased with this product, and I am.
Thanks again

·
Registered
88 Posts
TenSax, I'm with you.... I play an aluminum Lakey #9 all the time, and I love it. May not suit everyone, but it works for me.

For anyone curious about these pieces, tomsch makes a great point that these are really nothing like the HR Lakeys.... a much more refined sound, yet still powerful if desired.

-DH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts