Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, looking for some feedback on who has classical expertise in this department. I have a couple new pieces that I think could use a tune up. Not really a radical redesign, but just a precision touch up on the existing model. See a lot of guys like mojo and EZ here, just wondering who (if any) would consider themselves fluent with classical pieces as well as the kickers and screamers...=P

Thanks!

- Pat

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
EZ has done well for me - he refaced a few Morgan 3Cs that I use in my classical tenor work.

I don't see why any GOOD mouthpiece technician would have a problem with touching up a classical 'piece. As you say, you are not seeking a radical redesign. The characteristics that make it a classical mouthpiece should remain (assuming you are sufficiently explicit in communicating your desires).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011
2,574 Posts
Ditto for Mojo. He has done a nice job on a number of classical mouthpieces for me. Efficient facings are efficient facings.

Find a good refacer and tell him/her what you want to change --and what you hope not to change about the mouthpiece.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts