Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for classically trained saxophone performers in the San Francisco Bay Area interested in starting a quartet for reading sessions. This would be a non-professional group for serious musicians who want to work through quartet literature as a hobby/for fun. Message me if you are interested!

A little about me: I'm a recent graduate of the University of Minnesota (BM Saxophone Performance w/ Rousseau) working a desk job for the San Francisco Opera. Looking for a reason to pull out the horn and read some of our outstanding quartet literature. Other musical outlets include composition/arranging and singing with the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus.

TMS

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have no idea about his availability or interest, but a friend of mine, John Asti, is now in the Bay Area and he is phenomenal saxophonist, classical & jazz.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Ted,

If you are still looking for people for a quartet, I would be interested. I play mostly alto on a vintage Selmer SBA and have a rather questionable sop.

I was French School trained before becoming an engineer although these last few years my career has been more geared towards technology management. I live walking distance from the SF Opera.... If the quartet is still a few people shy, there is always the Hindemith that is plenty of fun. That being said I know a tenor and a bari player that could help complete a quartet.

You can message me on my SOTW mailbox.

Cheers,

Marco

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey restarting this thread as I've picked up playing again during the quarantine. If anyone in the bay area is looking for opportunities to play, I'd love to connect! -T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts