Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..
As asserted in the title, i'm looking for sheetmusic - nice classical duets for soprano and piano. It doesn't have to be written for soprano, it can be transcriptet (or transposed, is that the correct word?) as well...
My friend and I are intermediate. I've been playing classical clarinet for a long time, and jazz tenor and soprane.
We would really appreciate any suggestions, especially if you have the opportunity to mail me the sheets.
We love the virtuoso and extraversion of Vivaldis operas, the simplicity of mozart and the atmosphere of rachmaninovs piano concerts - maybe that can help as to what kind of music we would like to play... The key of the tunes are indifferent...
I hope someone out there can help.
Sincerely Tobias

EDIT:
I should add that I don't go higher than the f note.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Faure Pavanne works nicely.
Suggest you learn how to transpose to play C part this gives you a lot of flexibilty for a much wider range of music to play from piano part or flute, etc.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ravel: pavane pour un infant defunte (however you spell that)
astor piazzolla: histoire du tango (flute + guitar, but there's a transcription)

A source of inspiration may also be the classical CDs from branford marsalis for soprano sax and orchestra.

I second, that it's worth to learn transposing, so that you can play f.e. Oboe parts.
But most of the time, it would be better, if the piano player would transpose one note down (though its much more work of course)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ravel: pavane pour un infant defunte (however you spell that)
astor piazzolla: histoire du tango (flute + guitar, but there's a transcription)

A source of inspiration may also be the classical CDs from branford marsalis for soprano sax and orchestra.

I second, that it's worth to learn transposing, so that you can play f.e. Oboe parts.
But most of the time, it would be better, if the piano player would transpose one note down (though its much more work of course)
Thanks for the tips guys. Any of you got sheets?
Well i do know how to transpose, but its just that the tonal range on the soprano is way smaller than i'm used to (on the clarinet). So would it even be possible to transpose f.e. violin parts? And oboe for that matter?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Both violin and clarinet have a low range that extends below that of the soprano, so some sections may need to be taken up an octave to compensate. Flute and oboe, however, work quite well when transposing for soprano.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts