Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to show off my two primary instruments. This is my Buffet E13, made of grenadilla wood w/ silver keys, in a Buffet backpack-style case. Since i can only have a limited number of attachments in a post, this first one will be the pictures of my B-flat clarinet, and the next post (E-flat) will be the rest of the photos. I also might upload pictures of my other clarinets and saxs. They're so beautiful :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought this clarinet for my son - the shop did not have any E11's in stock and we are hoping this is the right choice as a clarinet he can grow into and keep aofr a while. I would love to hear what you think of it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Your post wasn't clear to me . . . you said you just bought THIS clarinet for your son. Do you mean one like the clarinet in the photos in OP (claimed to be an E-11)? Or did you buy that exact clarinet from the person who posted the photos? And, if the store was out of stock for E-11 models, does that mean you bought a different model clarinet?

If you did buy a new E-11 for your son, that sounds like a good choice. I have one I bought from Dave Kessler last year - I keep it out on a peg in my office so I can pick it up on a whim and run a few tunes through it without going through the hassles of assembling and disassembling my gigging clarinet. Mine was made in germany - I understand the newer E-11's are made in France.

My E-11 is good enough for my purposes but it is no way as good as my gigging clarinet. Your son's clarinet should serve his purposes for several years. DAVE

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Agree - my mistake in calling it an E-11. I guess I misread the whole thing. Geez . . . The E-13 should work just fine. DAVE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts