Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to identify an instrument. Single reed, 3 piece instrument (mouthpiece, body and bell). It looks like a clarinet, silver appearing body the bell has Cabart in all caps. A three masted ship is above the label sailing from viewers right to the left. Under CABART is A Paris. I can email pictures but they are not on this laptop-on my phone.
Thanks
Stephen McCreery

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sounds like a metal clarinet. Post some photos. There aren't that many non-Oboe Cabart instruments around.

Also, I'm not used to a metal clarinet having a separate bell.

·
Registered
1955 Conn 16M + 1973 Bundy 1 alto
296 Posts
Is the body generally a straight tube or is it more conical, getting wider all the way from the mouthpiece to the bell, not just at the bell? The first is a clarinet.

A long time ago, after I had fallen for jazz saxophone but before I knew anything about the instrument itself, I bought what I assumed to be a soprano sax at a yard sale. I didn't know of metal clarinets. I later showed it to my nephew, who was learning sax, and he told me it was a clarinet and showed me his sop, the first I ever saw up close and completely unlike my sad clarinet. Oops ... the clarinet wasn't sad - I was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts