Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with his restorations? Curious how they came out. I have a couple of old 'classic' clarinet mouthpieces that have great tone, but facings that someone has screwed up gently at some point.

ON THIS PAGE on the left near the bottom

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,063 Posts
Does anyone have experience with his restorations? Curious how they came out. I have a couple of old 'classic' clarinet mouthpieces that have great tone, but facings that someone has screwed up gently at some point.

ON THIS PAGE on the left near the bottom
I’ve never sent anything to him but I’ve bought some of his refaced mouthpieces- not very impressive for me.
If what you have are true classic mouthpieces I would send them to Bradford Behn or Ramon Wodkowski.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought one of their alto mouthpieces, a Regina #6 NY and it’s actually an incredibly good mouthpiece. In fact it’s what I’m using now and will use for my upcoming gigs overseas. I rarely to never post things and don’t follow much sotw so I honestly don’t know if the members are professional full time players but it MAY be that these are not meant for the general buying public, i.e. students and amateurs. Like an old Powell flute, the problem is more often the driver. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I'm late to this, but I had an old Woodwind Company NY mouthpiece refaced by Krass and it is absolutely fantastic. Tons of color and warmth, and projection. He did a great job revoicing it - when I sent it to him it was original but played 20 cents flat and was very difficult to find reeds for. Tuning is spot on now. My #1 piece on clarinet now!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have the Vytas Krass "New York Series" alto mouthpiece he made for me around six months ago, and it plays great. I would like to try his tenor mouthpiece one day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts