Sax on the Web Forum banner

Do you think there should be a clarinet mouthpiece section?

• Yes, That's a great idea!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • I hate the gloomtube and it's attendant performers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever.

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently been spending a lot of time on working out my Clarinet and Bass Clarinet setups. While I appreciate the fact that this is a saxophone forum and not a clarinet forum, I think that there's probably enough of us who play clarinet to warrant a subsection in the mouthpiece section.
What does everyone think? Singlereed Woodwind multiinstrumentalists unite!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,759 Posts
Yes it would be useful. But I'm not sure if it's a good precedent. Interesting clarinet mpc discussions appear in the general mouthpiece subforum and in the clarinet mpc marketplace subforum as well. This is a sax forum, as you pointed out; if every doubler wanted a mouthpiece forum for his instrument — well, you get the picture. Why don't you come over to the Clarinet BB (if you're not already there) — lots of SOTW guys post there as well and you also get to read stuff from professional clarinet players who don't come here. And I'm not trying to pour cold water on your idea; if it were up on this board I'd use it.

"gloomtube" ... lol!!!

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Actually it's not a bad idea that we have a seperate, sub forum under the Mouthpiece folder for Clarinet mouthpiece discussion. I've created one in that area.

Frankly I'm surprised we didn't have one already (never noticed the omission...opps!).

I'll try to move all applicable pre existing discussions into that folder over time as well.

Cheers, and thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks saxismyaxe.

I am a member of the ClarinetBB, but prefer this forum and find it easier to use and better laid out.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,759 Posts
Great; everyone's a winner!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts