Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,589 Posts
Very sad to hear. Rest in peace Big Man. You were a unique player with a big heart and an even bigger sound!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
So sad. He had such a great sound and a great influence on tenor as a part of a classic rock sound.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ditto to the posts above. This really bummed me out. He was certainly one of the influences in my life and I am glad I got to see and meet him. RIP Clarence.

·
Registered
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
4,815 Posts
The saxophone world lost a great player today... RIP Clemons

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
I'm very saddened by the news of Clarence's passing.
So much to live for.

Our band did Born to Run, 10th Ave. Freeze Out and Spirit In The Night

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,023 Posts
aw, damn. He was a rock sax hero of mine. I got to meet him once. He will be missed.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
The big man has left the building....:(

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,110 Posts
Peace, Clarence.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,695 Posts
Wow. How sad. He rented my horn once for a recording, though I never did get to meet him. I still was proud and felt a connection.

I played a show and we covered "Born To Run". We nailed it and the crowd went wild. I'll never forget that. He was very inspiring, and to try to play his part was very moving to me.

What a loss.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
The Man who inspired me to pick up the saxophone. The soundtrack to my youth growing up at the Jersey Shore, a huge influence on my playing. 7 years to the day I lost my father...the largest influence on my life....weird.

Rest In Peace Clarence, you touched many lives. You will be missed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5xhgWqiJiE

His giant sound will always live on and continue to be be an inspiration for the world. In that way he is truly immortal.

His statement at 5:38 on Letterman says it all.

R.I.P.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008-2017
2,234 Posts
I think many of us owe to him his incredible music and his impulse for the saxophone. "Dead is the one who is forgotten". He will live forever.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts