·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017, Distinguished SOTW me
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,147 Posts
Reportedly showing signs of recovery
He couldn't move his left side at all, but is now squeezing with his left hand.

Fingers crossed...this is the crucial time, as we found out with my dad some years back.

BTW, Clarence will be 70 this January.

When I took up sax in 1978, he was the only saxophonist my schoolmates even knew about.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hope they got him to a hospital quickly enough. Better chances for more recovery with quick treatment.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,095 Posts
In honor of Mr. Clemons, and my way of saying thank you for a whole year of gigs with a Springsteen tribute band: I played along with all my Bruce recordings for a killing pentatonic workout!

I doubt you read SOTW, but: All the best for your recovery Clarence...Working in the PT field with a lot of stroke recovery patients, I know what you are in for. You and Max walked into a gig of mine (not with the tribute band) right as we were going on for the second set. Didn't get to meet either of you, but it was cool that you were there!

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
I read articles that Clarence was working with a trainer, for strength. Seemed very interesting and to look at him, he sure does NOT show his age.

I wish him the best- a stroke is no joke. Ge tbetter and keep on!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2010
1,159 Posts
When I took up sax in 1978, he was the only saxophonist my schoolmates even knew about.
By the time I took it up in 1981 the list had been doubled to Clarence Clemons and Raphael Ravenscroft. Clemons' Jungleland solo was the first I tried to work out by ear.

This is sad news.

·
Registered
700 Posts
This was sad news. Get well Big Man, we are praying for you. I had the pleasure of seeing and hearing him years back at a club in NJ. Not only a great performer but a super nice person to meet. He also kept the sax alive all these years on the radio, etc. His sound is immediately recognizable. Get well Clarence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts