Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been listening to these guys for ten years or so....and I haven't run across too many people who've even heard of 'em. So, in the spirit of sharing....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for those. Cinematic Orchestra are fairly well known in the UK. Two of the prime movers: Luke Flowers the drummer and Stuart McCallum the guitarist are local to me in Manchester. Luke is touring with Corinne Bailey Rae at the moment and Stuart is involved in lots of local projects and his own stuff which involves lots of loops and electronics to create textures which he plays over. I did a summer workshop a few years back where he was one of the tutors. He's a great player and an interesting guy.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,870 Posts
I'm still looking for the man with a movie camera dvd but it's sold out

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for those. Cinematic Orchestra are fairly well known in the UK. Two of the prime movers: Luke Flowers the drummer and Stuart McCallum the guitarist are local to me in Manchester. Luke is touring with Corinne Bailey Rae at the moment and Stuart is involved in lots of local projects and his own stuff which involves lots of loops and electronics to create textures which he plays over. I did a summer workshop a few years back where he was one of the tutors. He's a great player and an interesting guy.
I guess I'm lucky to have stumbled across their music here in Australia. They were a revelation at the time. Such atmospheric and intelligent music.

Thanks for putting these up, I am really digging it!
Cool, glad you're digging them man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts