Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Conn New Wonder alto from Jerry, and not only was he great to deal with, the horn was flawless. Of all of the altos I've had over the years, this is absolutely the best restoration I have seen and played. The key heights are perfect, which is very difficult to get right on a Conn. Finish? Perfect. Resolders? Perfect. I just can't say enough good things. You'll have to pry this alto out of my cold dead fingers!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Jerry's work is outstanding. I got horns from him and one of the biggest names on the net in the same month. I still have Jerry's. I returned the other one.

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
His photo essays on his works in progress make me drool on the keyboard everytime! There should be a law or something........

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
I've no first-hand experience with a Chu-Jerry restored horn, but the times he has posted them for sale here on SOTW, I'm always struck by the level of perfection and quality he's offering at such bargain pricing.

You visit any of the online vintage horn sellers and you'll see plenty of the same model horns commanding much higher sticker prices despite less than stellar finishes. And mind you, that's not meant to imply their prices are unreasonable .....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts