Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm back with my Christmas Tune of the Day series for 2019. There are big things planned for this month - great collaborations, new arrangements, lots of different instruments - it's going to be a blast! The videos will start December 1st and go through Christmas Day, each posted at 4pm EST. Please subscribe to my channel and click the notification bell to stay updated on all of the new videos. I'll also be updating this thread every day with each new video. Sit back, relax, and enjoy some holiday tunes! Here's the introduction video for this year:

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
Cant wait, Dave! Thanks for all your contributions to the site. Should be great to get into the holiday spirit!

- Saxaholic

·
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cant wait, Dave! Thanks for all your contributions to the site. Should be great to get into the holiday spirit!

- Saxaholic
Thanks so much!! I’ve worked really hard on the videos this year - I think people will really dig them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,480 Posts
Gorgeous playing, my friend!!!!
It’s so cool how you do all of this.

IT’S AWESOME!!!
Happy holidays.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
This is freaking awesome!!! What a way to start the series. Have listened to it a few times already. Good stuff and nice tenor solo.

- Saxaholic

·
3,929 Posts
You are now part of the “official “ family holiday music and movie list.
Bing Crosby and It’s A Wonderful Life top the list.
You may be bumping KG off the list :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,480 Posts
KG did make a nice Christmas album.

Great tenor solo, Dave! Beautiful playing throughout the whole song.
You are a super talent. Oh yeah, and I do dig the sweaters. :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I will add to the choir: even without Catty G(inger) you sound great !

Questions (to get one step behind the scene): how long did it take to make that one ? And in which order did you record all these ?

·
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are now part of the “official “ family holiday music and movie list.
Bing Crosby and It’s A Wonderful Life top the list.
You may be bumping KG off the list :eek:
Wow - that's great company there!! Much appreciated.

KG did make a nice Christmas album.

Great tenor solo, Dave! Beautiful playing throughout the whole song.
You are a super talent. Oh yeah, and I do dig the sweaters. :)
Thank you brother! His Christmas stuff is just awesome - I love when he's on tenor! You just WAIT until you see the sweater I have for some later videos. You're going to freak, hahaha.

I will add to the choir: even without Catty G(inger) you sound great !

Questions (to get one step behind the scene): how long did it take to make that one ? And in which order did you record all these ?
Thank you!! Not sure exactly how long, but I'd guess around 4 total hours of recording and longer in editing.

For the order, I first made a practice rhythm section track of keys, keyboard bass, and drums. I then recorded the saxophone parts (bari up to alto 1), then did the trombones, then trumpets, then keys, keyboard bass, drumset, and tambourine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Very impressed. Bet it took a few minutes to make. Always love the video's and the great playing. Happy holidays to you and yours.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
****in' INCREDIBLE!! Especially your tenor solo, but EVERYTHING is just right. Love this tune, the decorations, the costume. How do you find the time?

1 - 20 of 187 Posts