Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow musicians,

My jazz combo is going to do a Christmas special for this years winter concert and tree lighting ceremony.

Would anyone happen to know of a few good Christmas arrangements that have a cool jazzy feel. We can work out everything, I just need a basis. Difficulty is not an issue.

Thank You,
Kevin Homma

Combo:

1 Alto/Sop/Clarinet
1 Tenor
Drums
Guitar
Bass
Piano
Trumpet

We can add another 2 saxes, a trombone, and a trumpet if you guys have any big band stuff, That would be awesome.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
for a ballad, "The Christmas Song" (aka Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)

edit: Sorry, I just realized you were looking for an arrangement.
But I would think your band could work out a pretty good arrangement of this song pretty easily, on your own. Lyrics can be found at:

http://www.lyrics007.com/Jaci Velasquez Lyrics/The Christmas Song Lyrics.html

We did this at our church once - the chords are very easy to improvise over. and the song is a crowd pleaser.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
556 Posts
Christmas Arrangements

I have a half dozen or so seven-piece arrangements that would fit your instrumentation exactly except that my Trombone part would need to be transposed for your Tenor Sax.

Let me know if you'd like more information.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,548 Posts
Aebersold has a Christmas play-along CD with some nice changes and all the elements of an arrangement (intros & Codas). Parts for Bb Eb C and bass clef.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,253 Posts
"The Source of Christmas"

"The Source" is a Norwegian free-jazz band. Each year they do a christmas tour called:"The Source of Christmas". Playing together with different orchestras (strings, millitary bands, etc).

You can listen to, and buy tracks here:
The Source of Christmas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts