Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most agree that Chicago's 1969 debut album is the pinnacle of their recording career.

Now, for the cost of one chart, you can have ALL the songs off Chicago Transit Authority in a ready-to-play format.

PRINT AND PLAY: CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY contains every song on the CTA album (except "Free Form Guitar," for obvious reasons). As the name suggests, all you have to do is print the parts and your band is ready to go.

Parts include (for each song):

Full vocals/lead sheets
Sax
Trumpet
Trombone
Guitar
Keys
Bass
Drums
Score

The songs are:

Introduction
Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is
Beginnings
Questions 67 & 68
Listen
Poem 58
I'm A Man
South California Purples
Someday
Liberation

The book will come to you via email in a zipped file, as it contains 386 PDF pages. The cost is $25 USD, PayPal only please (buyer assumes all responsibility for securing recording and/or performance rights).

Interested? Check out the PDF samples below, and get in touch here:

[email protected]

Thank you!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
The website JustPayTheRansomMusic.com is a dead end.

I wonder if the authorities found him, and offered him the opportunity to pay royalties for the music he was selling. :shock:

I, too, found the seminal CTA album motivating. My high school bandmates and I transcribed several charts* for our garage band (1970).

*Not for sale, used for educational purposes only.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I wonder if the authorities found him, and offered him the opportunity to pay royalties for the music he was selling.
I enjoyed this comment from the seller: "(buyer assumes all responsibility for securing recording and/or performance rights)." Er, that's always the case with sheet music. Buying sheet music doesn't give the buyer recording or public performance rights (but it does confer at-home performance rights). The seller seems to have confused the buyer's right to play the music with his own right to copy and sell the music, which I agree probably was nonexistent.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Well, he only had 8 posts from June 2010 to May 2011 and then disappeared, so I assume he wasn't too successful with this "business". LOL. As always the buyer must beware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts