Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. This is a big issue for me; i am working at it 110%. Reminding myself, and by proxy anybody with similar problems, is, imo a good thing. I had lost my sound, my chops, all sense of direction. I laid blame with my dentures; convinced that there lay the problem. Not so. Tension...ever increasing, self perpetuating tension. Obviously i had no idea of how bad it had got; until i had to put down the horn, and work out why the **** i could not play. In degrees, i was forcing things more and more. My jaw, down to diaphragm, One solid knot. Frankly i think neither chops nor diaphragm stood a chance of working. All the chest, inter- costals, lats, even triceps...so tight, completey cut off any flow. Man....how did it happen? Thankfully it was a SOTW guy, that handed me the key to unlock the reason. I am rested up a few weeks. Thankfully the damage done is minimal. One recurring muscle tear aggravated. I can at the moment gently work with mpc.only. Let this old chest heal. Thirty years playing almost. The fact i manufactured a phsycological block; so much stress and pain is unreal. Thankfully it is passed....thanks for your time..a

1 - 1 of 1 Posts