Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

This morning this happened for the second time in the last year or so: I bought a mouthpiece on line from an SotW member and it got shipped to my old address.

Luckily for me, my old place is just a few blocks away and I'm on good terms with the new tenant, so no big deal. I could, however, easily have lost both pieces.

The first time I didn't think much about it because I had moved recently, but this time I couldn't figure out what had happened. The answer is that I hadn't successfully deleted my old archived address on Paypal, and for some reason the old one was coming up as #1, even though I had changed it.

So, buyers carefully update your address account. In both cases I sent the sellers my correct address, but they ended up shipping to the old one, and sellers--if possible--please confirm with your client that you have the correct shipping address: the one automatically generated by Paypal may not be correct.

Peace,

Rory

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nefertiti said:
What a pain.
Yes, but not as big a pain as losing a much anticipated hand perfected vintage mouthpiece!

Lunchtime! off to grind out some ii-V-Is:D

Rory

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Rory, I'd like to save you the inconvenience of keeping track of those addresses. I'll send you mine. You put it as your primary for all shipments of things saxophonic, that way you'll always know where everything's going, no matter how often you move.

:twisted:

·
Registered
556 Posts
gary said:
Rory, I'd like to save you the inconvenience of keeping track of those addresses. I'll send you mine. You put it as your primary for all shipments of things saxophonic, that way you'll always know where everything's going, no matter how often you move.

:twisted:
Gary,

Great idea, and if we all did this then any sellers here would know where to ship every item!!! :D :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts