Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for a used tenor STM to show up in the Marketplace or Ebay in a popular 7 facing. Either couldn't find one or couldn't find a used one reasonably priced. I checked out WWBW and they are loaded with used Links for 100 bucks with free shipping. I thought that was a steal given what I've seen unaltered modern links going for on Ebay lately. Just thought I'd pass that on to fellow SOTWers.

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
My impression was that those were the dogs that people kept trialing and then sending back. Is that not so? Did you get one, and if so, was it a good one?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll find out. Of course most used mouthpieces are the ones that didn't fit the original owner. Even if it's a blank for refacing, it's cheaper than what I see on the used market these days.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,230 Posts
It may be that the original owner was more of a dog than the Link, so don't be scared off too easily.

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
It may be that the original owner was more of a dog than the Link, so don't be scared off too easily.
This might very well be true -- especially if they are coming off a high baffled mouthpiece. They might have just returned a great Link thinking it was a dog.

If these aren't returned mouthpieces, where is WWBW getting them? Do they take trade-ins or something?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they do take trade-ins. And if it is an absolute dog, you can even return the used mpcs. Not a bad bet.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
This is true of many things- electronics, kitchen appliances, sports equipment, etc... Ebay used to be an okay place to get a deal but now you can often get stuff from places like WW&BW, Amazon, New Egg, etc... for better prices than what's being offered on Ebay without dealing with PayPal, ridiculous shipping charges, or questionable private sellers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts