Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for a used tenor STM to show up in the Marketplace or Ebay in a popular 7 facing. Either couldn't find one or couldn't find a used one reasonably priced. I checked out WWBW and they are loaded with used Links for 100 bucks with free shipping. I thought that was a steal given what I've seen unaltered modern links going for on Ebay lately. Just thought I'd pass that on to fellow SOTWers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll find out. Of course most used mouthpieces are the ones that didn't fit the original owner. Even if it's a blank for refacing, it's cheaper than what I see on the used market these days.

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
It may be that the original owner was more of a dog than the Link, so don't be scared off too easily.
This might very well be true -- especially if they are coming off a high baffled mouthpiece. They might have just returned a great Link thinking it was a dog.

If these aren't returned mouthpieces, where is WWBW getting them? Do they take trade-ins or something?

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
This is true of many things- electronics, kitchen appliances, sports equipment, etc... Ebay used to be an okay place to get a deal but now you can often get stuff from places like WW&BW, Amazon, New Egg, etc... for better prices than what's being offered on Ebay without dealing with PayPal, ridiculous shipping charges, or questionable private sellers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts