Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Price range $275 at most if you sell or anything alert but a company recommended would be good too, sorry if this is in the wrong category

·
Forum Contributor 2016, The official SOTW Little S
5,472 Posts
A slightly used bottom line Yamaha would do. A used USA Selmer you could probably find on ebay.

That's my input...

And stay away from the Selmans if you are doing some searching on ebay. Don't let the pretty color attract you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Go to ebay and look for these:

* Prestini
* Maxtone
* Winston

Look in that order. I had an early Winston that needed a different neck to play in tune. I eventually sold it here on SOTW for about your asking price. The new Winstons have better reports. And I have heard good things about Prestini and Maxtone from the get-go.

If you can find a little more cash you may be able to get a used Antigua off of eBay for around $500. I've noticed the prices have been going down lately on these great horns.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
A slightly used YSS 23 would do. (bluesaxgirl)

Tell me more about this model - I've never heard of it. DAVE

·
Forum Contributor 2016, The official SOTW Little S
5,472 Posts
Dave Dolson said:
A slightly used YSS 23 would do. (bluesaxgirl)

Tell me more about this model - I've never heard of it. DAVE
What are you talking about? (See above post.)

Just kidding, I just always assumed that there was a YSS 23 since there was a YAS. But there I go, being one of those people on SOTW that want to act like they know something but in fact know very little. I apologize. :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I don't think there has ever been a 23 / 25 /275 sop. It took some years - and persuasion apparently - for Yamaha to bring out the 475. Sops at that sort of price will not be easy to find, but I would not wish to argue with Enviroguy's suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts