Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just discovered a Conn 6M, underslung octave, Naked Lady engraving for sale going right now for $50. No idea on the pad condition, but body only has minor scratches, lacquer in great shape. A couple dents, about 1 inch wide but not deep. Serial 744xxx. Lacquer w/ nickel keys.

It is per auction, not ebay, but I'm not expecting it to fetch a huge amount.

I don't need another alto right now, but at that price, would it be worth snatching it up for the heck of it? and really...it would make a nice partner to the 10M I just bought... WARNING GAS ATTACK! What do you think resale would be?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!For 50 bucks if it doesn't work out make it into a cool lamp!!!!LOL

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
I saw that horn too. Should be interesting to see what it ends up going for. BTW, since you've already bid I'll stay away. Good luck!

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you enjoy the 10M, I say do it! You'll probably be able to sell it and in worse case make back the money if you don't like it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys, as mentioned by one of the posters above, I did put in a bid. I'm really curious to see where this goes! The more I read about these horns, the better they sound, although I haven't been able to find much about the later models. Of course, I ran into the same thing with 10Ms, and I love my late-model 10M.

I'll update in a few days!

I'll fill you in when/if I get it!

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
I a unfortuanatly going to be out of town. So I am going to have to talk my parents into putting in a bid probably, hopefully they will be up to it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carbs said:
I a unfortuanatly going to be out of town. So I am going to have to talk my parents into putting in a bid probably, hopefully they will be up to it.

Grrr! :x

hehe

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Carbs weren't you selling your martin to get an alto with more modern keywork?

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
At this point, I am just trying to sell my Martin. If I can make enough on it, then I may be closer to getting a Modern horn. I don't mind the vintage keywork, but I don't like the split bell keys that are on my Martin.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
saxmanglen said:
Didn't end up as cheap as you thought it might, huh?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=2892101
Nope! Of course, with eBay I've always been quite aware that things that start low often cruise up very high, but I didn't expect the 6M to go more than a couple hundred on this site, based on what other horns were going for (much lower than market value). I thought about bidding some more, since it is a very nice horn and at $500ish, still a good price, just not as much of a steal, but alas, I'm a poor college student and decided to hoard my money.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kritavi said:
It is wise to assume it needs an overhaul and thus it is no bargain at all with that factored in.
Unless the buyer is capable of doing the overhaul himself, as I am. :)

But...I was looking for a steal, and it went to high for that, IMO, although I still think it'd be a good deal if someone was in need of a solid alto.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts