Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been playing sax for 3 years. I think now is a good time for me to upgrade my setup. I will be purchasing new sax, and would like new gear to match it. The sax I will likely get is a YANY A901.

In the mpc setup, I would like a dark sound, a bit darker, but just as jazzy as Eric Darius. I don't know his setup, however. I have done a bit of reading, and think that a hard rubber, close tip mpc(preferably with a flat/no baffle) will get me where I want.

The problem is, I don't know where to look, and my budget is at most $150, but am trying to get to $100. What do you recommend for a dark, rich tone? It doesn't have to be what I have thought of, as long as it gives me the desired tone.

P.S. My reeds are Vandoren Traditional 3's and 3 1/2's, I currently use a stock plastic mpc with it's ligature. Both are unmarked. The sax comes with a metal mpc, but I have no details on it.

Thanks, MB

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am getting it from a dealer in Nashville and he didn't say if he had the stock mpc. I'm actually not sure if he does. His exact words from the email were "I can include a basic student mouthpiece and an excellent metal mouthpiece."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts