Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a near mint condition Chateau alto and I have to say I am impressed. Very free blowing little or no resistance, blue springs for that pop factor, very nice build.

I don't play much alto anymore and I was seeking a decent alto for those occasional gigs I get for section playing. This horn mechanisms are very quiet when playing and intonation seems to be spot on.

I've been scraping the bottom of the barrel of ebay hoping to find something for under $500 and of the 7 altos I have bought this is the fit and feel I have been seeking.

My most recent alto is a Chinese made no name that is built well but its nothing to write home about although quite function-able as a back up until I find something better but this Chateau is sweet.

Anybody else play this Chateau S 300 II? Curious as to how well it will hold up.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,131 Posts
Well, Unison made a model S 300 series ii alto saxophone. Maybe the Château is a stencil version of the unison? Unlikely but possible.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Unison made a model S 300 series ii alto saxophone. Maybe the Château is a stencil version of the unison? Unlikely but possible.
I'm so dense. It is a UNISON S300II not a Chateau. I had been looking at Chateau sopranos and the name was on my mind while posting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts