Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
926 Posts
I have owned a Chateau alto for a couple of years. It is the Custom model, but I also have a Chateau soprano that is from the same line as the alto you are looking at (Vietnam-built 80-series). These are excellently constructed instruments. The soprano, at least, is the same model as Kessler and Sons sell as their "Handmade" soprano. I suspect that the same is true for the alto line. You might go online to Kessler's and see what their Handmade pricing is looking like.

As has been suggested, you can get good bargains buying used, IF you know what you are doing and know what to look for. You can also be badly burned. I understand why someone would prefer new, and will not criticize that decision.

The two-year service and damage policy makes me suspect that you may have the same Chateau dealer as I have, which is Wichita Band Instruments. If so, they are excellent and trustworthy, and offer equivalent models for less than Kessler's.

· Registered
926 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.