Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has the transciption for this song; It will be greatly appreciated.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Did you check with Curtis at saxsolos.com?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a question... WHO wrote "Just friends?" i have a phenomenal version of it that Stitt did, and it's a duet. i'm not sure who the other sax player is but it was a phenomenal recording.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ooh i took the link and grabbed that sheet music. man oh man! that'll be a good workout for me. i've been playing the ALL BIRD Aebersold, "Dewey Square" and "Ornithology" for hours and hours in the last couple days, gearing up for auditions for a local college jazz band in a month. that'll be a good workout. mmmmm.... bird on bari. tasty.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
Bari Man said:
Just a question... WHO wrote "Just friends?" i have a phenomenal version of it that Stitt did, and it's a duet. i'm not sure who the other sax player is but it was a phenomenal recording.
Just friends was written by John Klenner and Sam M. Lewis. Stitt played with other saxes a lot, especially with Gene Ammons. I have albums of him with Paul Gonzalves, Richie Cole, and Lockjaw Davis too. I know he recorded Just Friends with Lockjaw on a Davis CD and I'm pretty sure he also recorded it with Red Holloway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts