Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i live in the UK and there is one, just ONE shop that has even heard of charles baye that i know of in less than a 4 hour drive. i tried one out and LOVED it, how much should they be, does anyone know of anywhere else that they might be stocked? could anyone sell me one here?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Charles Bay's ligatures are top notch. they are beautiful works of art that really free up your sound. Standard Baroque model should be around $55. His newer ligatures are a little more expensive. Does the shop sell his mouthpieces too?

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
He makes another one called the "Quintessence". Check it out, it's really good but hard to get. You'll probably need to contact him directly.

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,813 Posts
If you are looking for the vintage job with the plastic "handles", do a search of the marketplace. There was another inquiry and one SOTWer (Bruce Bailey I think) even said he had some new old stock of them available (but maybe only for a nice trade).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can't find Charles Bay ligatures anywhere....

Could someone please help me?

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
WWBW and Weiner carry the standard Baroque ones, but I have no idea where to get the Vintage or Quintessence.

·
Registered
353 Posts
there's a website based in the UK that has the vintage and gothic varieties, plus some metal bay mouthpieces. I don't exactly remember the link, it was saxophones.com.uk or something like that. I'm sure some internet sleuthing will find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts