Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for posting those pictures!

I too am curious about the comparison between your Lamberson (was it an SB or a DD ?) and this mpc.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Compared to my Lamberson 7SB the Bay blows almost identical on the low end. Nice fat and loud tone. The high notes where my problem with the Lambo. It was just too close for me. When blowing hard it just closed up. Going to harder reeds spoiled the low end. The Bay doesn´t have this problem. I had to adjust my embouchure and take a bit more mouthpiece in than a used to. By the way I play a yanagisawa b992 with it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Maybe two years ago a guy came over to try my Rene Guenot. He had exactely the same mouthpiece.
He offered me to try it, but it looked so ugly... uergh..

Maybe its eactely the same :)

·
Forum Contributor 2010 / RIP
1,363 Posts
Are these available for sale anywhere?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,260 Posts
How come I can't see the pictures?

·
1,260 Posts
Yes, I am logged in and no, I cannot see them.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I uploaded them as an attachment to my post. I don´t know why you don´t see them. Anybody else seeing them or not?

·
Distinguished SOTW member
4,673 Posts
I see them fine.

Charles Bay mpcs are pretty expensive aren't they?

·
1,260 Posts
I have been interested in these mouthpieces for quite some time. A friend actually works with Bay to create some of his models. I have asked if he could get me one to try.

I have tried everything to get the pictures i.e., turned off the pop up blocker, firewall, spam filter, gone to the site using Mozilla, and I still can't see the pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts