Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,584 Posts
Nice to see some more of your videos!

I would agree, great effort (especially as you are out of practice) it tends to go slightly flat in places.

This is a very difficult tune to play, especially in the lower register of the saxophone - any slight tuning discrepancies such as being a bit flat will really show up. Sometimes flatness can work , but I don't thinks so in this tune, especially with the synth usinson/octaves.

It's actually OK (IMO) to be a bit sharp rather than flat.

The other thing I would suggest is to work on very clean articulation, again this tune will show up any issues as you have to be spot on in time with the synth, which is where any slight lack o responsiveness in the tonguing department can cause some issues. So articulation needs to be positive and responsive.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, I hadn't noticed the intonation....I'll double check next time w/tuner ... great points Pete, thx (I like your site & posts here); right re articulation esp on funk tune where staccato is important .. biggest minuses are a) improv all over the place & not on the beat & b) I could move a bit more hen playing.. thx for the ideas!

I had to take off 7 months due to work/health; trying to get back into it... Chameleon's a fun tune

1 - 4 of 4 Posts