Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title says it all!!
Cebulla, Thanks you for making the tenor feel like a curved soprano or for making me and my neck feel like I am 20 again. I hated the idea of paying this kind of money for a fricking strap. Now, I am ordering a second one. If anyone wants to know what the best strap is, I can tell you in one word, Cebulla. Neotech straps are very good especially for the money and their customer service is great. That being said, Johann Cebulla got it right.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Thanks! I'm going to put aside some bucks for one or two of these!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,127 Posts
I was checking these out the last time I browsed the MusicMedic site. My neck has been bugging me since I've started playing a bit more as of late, and one of these might be the way to go.

What size did you end up getting?

·
Registered
297 Posts
They're not readily available in a lot of places, apparently. And something like $90 a pop (for the "deluxe" model) is a pretty hard hit for a strap. Having said that, any recommendations about where in the U.S. to get one? Are they only an online thing at this point or can you actually find one in a retail music store anywhere? Thanks for the info. I'm in my sixties and always open to something that will make the tenor easier to bear.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,391 Posts
+1
Best strap you hard earned money can buy.I have had mine for about a year now and its awesome

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
3,383 Posts
Bill, got your VM... Funny cause I got a cebulla recently too and had the EXACT same reaction as you. I got a med and it works great but is right out at the end of its play on tenor. Havent tried it on bari yet, will be tight. Seems that something in between med and lg would be just right. But great strap!

·
Registered
359 Posts
They're not readily available in a lot of places, apparently. And something like $90 a pop (for the "deluxe" model) is a pretty hard hit for a strap. Having said that, any recommendations about where in the U.S. to get one? Are they only an online thing at this point or can you actually find one in a retail music store anywhere? Thanks for the info. I'm in my sixties and always open to something that will make the tenor easier to bear.
I've had one of these for about 6 months and love it. Love it. I ordered it from Music Medic and that went well. As someone else here noted, I ordered the Medium, for tenor, and the adjuster is almost on top of the hook. It works fine, but were I to do it over, I'd order the Large. They have a little factoid thingie on Music Medic that gives you a good idea about strap sizes.

Expensive? Perhaps, but excellent quality, easily adjustable, and very comfortable. They look good, too.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,006 Posts
+1 the best!
If you guys want to have it cheaper,contact Johann direct,
http://cebulla-saxstrap.de/eng/index.htm
If I can remember right he charges around 50USD for the strap,not sure but you get it cheaper from him direct.Great guy to deal with!
And he'll do specials that aren't advertised. He will do a strap to a particular length if you want. I believe he may also offer straps in white.

He also did a special double strap for me and I use it on gigs where I play both alto and tenor (not simultaneously) and I keep the two lengths just right for the different horns. I think he calls it a "combi strap".

Rhys

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,485 Posts
I tried one of those straps and really thought it was comfortable but the plastic hook broke off during a recording session which resulted in my horn hitting the floor, albeit on carpet. Wish they offered it with Neotech type of plastic covered metal hook.

B

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Contributor 2010
1,502 Posts
I tried one of those straps and really thought it was comfortable but the plastic hook broke off during a recording session which resulted in my horn hitting the floor, albeit on carpet. Wish they offered it with Neotech type of plastic covered metal hook.

B
Yikes! The plastic itself broke apart?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just got one too. Medium. Is fine for tenor and alto. (I am not that big) I also find it comfortable They are now offering a metal hook. It is not plastic coated, but that would be a very easy DIY.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The Cebulla is by far the best neck strap I have ever owned. I bought a Med and I can use it for SATB. Now I just need another one because I always seem to leave it in the wrong case.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts