Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I was wondering what happened to the guys at CE Winds. The website is gone, the Facebook page hasn't been updated in a while, what's the deal?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,364 Posts
I've been trying to contact them for a couple of months... zero response

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The website is totally gone now. The Facebook page is still up, maybe I'll try and message them, out of curiosity. I have a Florida model they made I like a lot!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you opened it though? It's incomplete, the same pic is repeated over and over and some titles are stock...

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
another one bites the dust ??

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,810 Posts
Man sticking all those crystals on saxophones must take all their attention and take forever how do you want them to answer emails?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nope, not tits-up or gone. Still producing, just sorta took a step back. Looks like they just got too busy and wanted to refocus. They're FB page is still active and they're still actively fulfilling orders, but at a smaller scale.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,594 Posts
Oh yeah... CE Winds....have been missing that guys.

Mark Wiggington was (or still is) a SOTW member and was aside Brian the most important person there.

I met Mark in person in 2008. I came all the way from Germany to Florida to meet him and pick up a CE Winds Omega Saxello soprano sax, serial number 0002. Mark Wiggington got the serialNr. 0001 :)

pretty good sounding soprano, still have it. My CONN curved satin silver in mint condition sounded the same, so I sold the CONN.

Mark made for me several mouthpieces, two of them pretty much customized with hand engraving,

Now, what I know...

Mark was a part-time Church Minister at that time and now... is dedicating his full time as a Pastor in Jacksonville. :):thumbrig:

Ce Winds lost his Sax supplier (don't know the reason) and maybe it could be why they are not active at this time.
The CE Winds supplier from Taiwan (which one I don't know) made awesome sounding horns and they were not that expensive.

Whoever owns a CE Winds handmade MPC or a good CE Winds sax, should keep it.

I wish, they were still around , I'd order one of their professional tenors.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
1,994 Posts
“Ce Winds lost his Sax supplier (don't know the reason) and maybe it could be why they are not active at this time.”

The risk one takes when they become a reseller! If the supplier doesn’t feel their needs are being met, puff you’re gone! They may not have met sales growth requirements, minimum order quantities, pressure from larger resellers for the same factory, etc...

·
Forum Contributor 2012-2015
1,325 Posts
I've been playing a CE Winds Alpha tenor that I got for next to nothing on Ebay. Best tenor (for me anyway) that I have played.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts