Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I would like to know the model name of this CE Wind brass alto mouthpiece. I’ve just received it in an exchange but as they have no name on them or on the boxes I wonder if anyone could help with it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Forum Contributor 2012-2015
1,325 Posts
Hard to say without seeing the inside of the mouthpiece. I can tell that it is brassite not brass.

·
Forum Contributor 2012-2015
1,325 Posts
Thanks Bozman, i don’t know the baffle of the Five Spot Legacy as it doesn’t appear in the pics but the baffle of mine is high like the Studio Sonic.
If any owner of the Five Spot model could post a pic of its baffle it would solve my doubts. Thanks

http://m.interstatemusic.com/972653...phone-Mouthpiece-Brassite-7-081-SSA100B7.aspx

The baffle in the Legacy is more of a rollover. If yours has a high wedge or step baffle then it is almost certainly the Studio Sonic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I can’t open the thread of your sell but if you recall your mouthpiece with a rollover baffle then this one I got is a Studio Sonic because it has a step baffle. Thanks for helping

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for posting the pic Bozman. Yep, that baffle is completely different from the piece I got, according to the baffle mine is the Studio Sonic model for sure. They also changed the material used to make the mouthpieces but not the names. Thanks for helping!

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
No offense to the OP, but wow........that mouthpiece looks like it was made by a 4th grader in shop class. Yikes. I guess if it plays tho..... Still.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's actually a Studio Sonic. I have a #8 in Copperite. The first generation was their take on the Guardala Studio Alto Mouthpiece, which were in brass. The latter ones, like the one pictured (and the one I have) is a thinner model of their Mainstream Alto Mouthpiece. I love my Studio Sonic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No offense to the OP, but wow........that mouthpiece looks like it was made by a 4th grader in shop class. Yikes. I guess if it plays tho..... Still.
It could have been a "B" Stock. They used to sell "B" Stock models, where they were perfectly playable, but contained cosmetic blemishes that wouldn't make it as an "A" stock or a proper model to sell at retail. I believe they were usually sold at around a 20% discount off of the regular price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts