Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008-2017
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I like the BAM Softpack the Cavallaro Case Cover I've got includes a very useful side pocket.

But, this lamb's wool imitation it has for isolating the instrument for thermal shocks, won't be too much in hot days for the instrument?

I guess the BAM isolates pretty well from thermal shocks, but adding lamb's wool? Imagine the mouthpiece melt. Lol.

What's your opinion?

Regards,

JI

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts
It acts as insulation. Unless the horn is producing heat, it will be cooler on a hot day inside the insulated volume.

·
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. Thanks for the answer. I just have difficulty understanding the effects of the lamb wool... for cooling.... lol
It acts as insulation. Unless the horn is producing heat, it will be cooler on a hot day inside the insulated volume.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts
Great. Thanks for the answer. I just have difficulty understanding the effects of the lamb wool... for cooling.... lol
You’re welcome. I used to have a Cavallaro cover on the Walt Johnson case for my Serie III tenor. Living in New Mexico, I found that it made a positive difference year ‘round - my horn didn’t get as hot in the summer, nor as cold in the winter. I really like it for that, the additional shock protection, bonus storage space, and good looks.

·
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I know in NM can get really hot. Great. Thanks.

You’re welcome. I used to have a Cavallaro cover on the Walt Johnson case for my Serie III tenor. Living in New Mexico, I found that it made a positive difference year ‘round - my horn didn’t get as hot in the summer, nor as cold in the winter. I really like it for that, the additional shock protection, bonus storage space, and good looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts